Supply Chain Analytics
When a business faces important decisions that affect its entire supply chain, it can be helpful to consult with industry-leading, innovative experts. Whether your next decision is as complex as optimizing your entire distribution network or analyzing your transportation movements, we help you evaluate your strategic and tactical alternatives and understand your cost to serve customers. We offer a comprehensive suite of Supply Chain Analytics solutions and unmatched expertise to guide you. Request a complimentary consultation with one of our multi-modal (less-than-truckload, parcel and truckload) supply chain analytics professionals. The insight you gain could be transformational.
We can give you a thorough, unbiased analysis of your production and supply chain data to help you validate where you’re doing well and uncover areas for improvement. Potentially, you’d want to conduct a supply chain optimization when you’re determining:
- Site Selection
- Production and Line Optimization
- Sourcing and Distribution Alignment
- Inventory Requirements
- Least Landed Costs
To develop and execute an effective supply chain strategy, you must first understand and see the current state of your business. Our team of Supply Chain consultants creates a model of your current supply chain using mixed-integer linear optimization tools to analyze your production and supply chain data. We can help you answer questions like:
- How do we get orders to customers most efficiently?
- In which facility do we make this product?
- How many products should we make?
- Where should we keep inventory?
- From whom, and in what amounts, should we purchase raw materials?
- Where should we put a new DC or manufacturing facility?
- What if our demand rises 10%?
- How many production lines do we need to meet customer demand?
When our consultants conduct their in-depth analyses, they leverage our Extended LEAN® methodology of continuous improvement. We’ll help you remove non-value-added activities from your end-to-end supply chain to maximize the value your supply chain delivers to your end customer. Our team can deliver optimization project work as well as long-term continuous analytics. They’ll construct a network model for you and constantly refine it to keep productivity at top levels. If you have a team on site, we can work alongside them to provide evaluation and training services.
A transportation study from our Supply Chain Analytics consultants will help you:
- Determine the least-cost shipping mode you should be using
- Identify consolidation and deconsolidation opportunities
- Visualize and understand your possible future state network
We can also perform street-level routing optimization to help you determine ideal routes for your local or metropolitan delivery network.
An in-depth network optimization examines your entire supply chain, from raw materials to end customer. Your company should consider a network optimization any time it experiences one or more of the following:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Growth or consolidation
- Product or market expansion
- Customer demand shift
- Change in focus or management
After we’ve completed your network optimization, you’ll be able to examine any number of scenarios. You’ll also be able to better understand what costs drive the optimization and why.
We can include any number of data points in the optimization, including bill of materials, capacity and utilization, fixed and variable facility costs and transportation costs.
Many times the obvious costs may not be the true drivers when all of these factors are considered in the study.
While the optimization of your parcel logistics program can be very complex behind the scenes, it boils down to a three-step proven process:
- Solutions Assessment: We learn your current state and clearly identify your financial goals, your customer service needs and your logistics requirements.
- Program Analysis and Design: We leverage our industry knowledge and proprietary technology to carefully analyze all aspects of your parcel program.
- Implementation: Once design is complete, we help you manage RFPs and optimize your platform to best meet your customers’ needs.
Learn more about Transportation Insight’s Parcel Engineering solution.
Talk with One of Our Experts
As the global supply chain continues to become more complex, we understand that many North American companies face obstacles in growing their companies forward.
Topics for discussion may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Value chain optimization
- End-to-end supply chain visibility
- Continuous supply chain process improvement
- Supply chain technology and analytics
- Supply chain best practices
- Cloud-based technology and business intelligence
- International logistics
- Merger and acquisition challenges