Transportation Insight Selected For Green Supply Chain Award for 3rd Consecutive Year
HICKORY, NC (November 9, 2015) – Nationally acclaimed Enterprise Third-Party Logistics (3PL) Provider Transportation Insight has received a Green Supply Chain Award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive magazine for the third consecutive year for the company’s help in reducing waste within clients’ supply chains. Transportation Insight utilizes its Extended LEAN® continuous improvement methodology to reduce non-value-added activities within a company’s four walls or throughout the extended supply chain. Clients meet green supply chain and sustainability goals by removing waste, resulting in lower operating costs, reduced energy usage, optimized inventory levels and diminished packaging.
“We are honored to be recognized for helping clients to produce green supply chain results through the implementation of transportation mode optimization strategies that lower mileage and reduce carbon emissions,” says Transportation Insight President and CEO Chris Baltz. “By combining the Extended LEAN methodology with our bundled Enterprise Logistics solution, customers reduce waste, which leads to improved sustainability and lower supply chain costs.”
Transportation Insight was chosen for the award as a result of their work with an outdoor power equipment replacement parts provider, which was looking for help with maintaining their high service levels with rapid response. Using Transportation Insight’s Co-managed Logistics® business model and bundled logistics technology solutions driven by Insight TMS®, the company automated many manual processes related to transportation, procurement, documentation and tracking and leveraged the 3PL’s shipping recommendations to drive up the average weight per shipment, reducing the company’s overall transportation cost. Transportation Insight collected data from transportation processes and analyzed it to uncover ongoing supply chain optimization opportunities. The 3PL’s LEAN consulting experts worked to remove waste within the organization to improve productivity across all operations, including reducing packaging, which led to even more green supply chain results. The company continues to eliminate significant non-value-added activity from its company’s supply chain.
Transportation Insight streamlines client enterprises by:
- Reducing logistics-related costs on inbound and outbound shipments
- Providing transportation management systems to simplify shipment routing and execution
- Supplying actionable business intelligence reporting to help leadership monitor key performance indicators
- Auditing and paying freight invoices to significantly reduce overcharges
- Applying specific GL coding rules to freight invoices to reduce administrative time
- Assisting in the development and refining of purchasing strategies to lower costs on indirect materials, such as MRO supplies and secondary packaging
- Aggregating small shipments to reduce transport costs associated with fuel and accessorials
- Using the most cost-effective routes and carriers with the shortest transit times to reduce fuel consumption and lower CO2 emissions
- Performing what-if analysis to determine optimal transportation modes
- Analyzing supply chain networks to optimize locations of DCs and warehouses to reduce last-mile deliveries
- Automating bills of lading and freight payment process to reduce use of paper
- Reducing wastes from end-to-end resulting in lowered energy usage, reduced carbon emissions, diminished secondary packaging and more
The SDCE Green Awards highlight companies that are making sustainability a core part of the businesses and supply chain strategies. About 100 submissions were received through an open nomination process. The magazine’s editorial staff reviewed the submissions based on clarity and content of the goals and strategy, the extent of the steps being taken and the impact of the results to date. Honored companies are recognized in the areas of Sourcing/Procurement, Fulfillment/Logistics, Operations, Product Lifecycle Management and other areas of the supply chain. The awards also spotlight providers of supply chain solutions and services, such as Transportation Insight, that assist their customers in achieving measurable sustainability goals.
About Transportation Insight, LLC
Transportation Insight is a global lead logistics provider with more than $4.6 billion in supply chain spend under management. For more than 15 years, the 3PL has partnered with hundreds of manufacturers, distributors and retailers to achieve significant cost savings, reduce cycle times and improve customer satisfaction rates by providing customized supply chain solutions. Transportation Insight offers a Co-managed Logistics® form of 3PL, carrier sourcing, freight bill audit and payment services, state-of-the-art transportation management system (TMS) applications and business intelligence. Its logistics services include domestic transportation, supply chain analytics, international transportation, warehouse sourcing, LEAN consulting and supply chain sourcing of indirect materials. Headquartered in Hickory, NC, Transportation Insight has secondary operating centers in Atlanta, GA, Bentonville, AR, Charlotte, NC, Omaha, NE and Salt Lake City, UT, as well as more than 50 client support offices across North America. For more about Transportation Insight, visit www.transportationinsight.com, email or call 877-226-9950.
About Supply & Demand Chain Executive
Supply & Demand Chain Executive is the executive’s user manual for successful supply and demand chain transformation, utilizing hard-hitting analysis, viewpoints and unbiased case studies to steer executives and supply management professionals through the complicated, yet critical, world of supply and demand chain enablement to gain competitive advantage. Visit us on the Web at www.SDCExec.com.